Pros and cons of buying the 2016 Lincoln MKZ
Do you think you should buy the Lincoln MKZ sedan for its retail price? First, you should know the actual price of the luxury sedan. The basic 2016 Lincoln MKZ’s price is $36,000. This may cost $2,000 more for an all-drive wheel. The fully loaded 2016 Lincoln MKZ’s price is as high as $50,000. It is not much improved from 2015 model.
It is a 5-passenger sedan that includes AWD and a fuel efficient hybrid variant. Other notable features it displays are Multi-Zone climate control, Power liftgate, upgrade headlights, fold flat rear seats, post-collision safety system, a backup camera, and stability control. It is inspired from the 2016 Ford Fusion, which is its strongest competitors in the market.
Here are the pros and cons of buying the 2016 Lincoln MKZ.
It has sleek, eye-catchy exterior design. It is a high fuel economy and is available in the hybrid model. It has many standard luxury features. You will like this sedan for its advanced technology. Its hybrid version has the same equipment as its non-hybrid variant, that to be for no extra charges.
The quality of the interior material is not as high as its competitors. Its touch-screen interface and Dashboard controls are difficult to use. They are a little short in the interior. Acceleration is slower than average irrespective of engine you choose. Though the car is highly luxurious, it would do well in its refinement and performance. But you may like to prefer it above Lexus ES 350.
Lincoln MKZ has a 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder base engine. It also has a hybrid powertrain with no additional cost. It has 3.7 liter V6 with 300 hp connected to the 6-speed automatic transmission.
- 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4
- 240 horsepower @ 5,500 rpm
- 270 lb-ft of torque @ 3,000 rpm
- EPA city/highway fuel economy: 22/33 mpg (FWD), 22/31 mpg (AWD)
- 2.0-liter inline-4 and permanent magnet AC
- Synchronous motor (hybrid)
- 188 net hybrid system horsepower
- 129 lb-ft of torque @ 4,000 rpm (gasoline engine only)
- EPA city/highway fuel economy: 41/39 mpg
- 3.7-liter V6
- 300 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm
- 277 lb-ft of torque @ 4,000 rpm
- EPA city/highway fuel economy: 18/27 mpg (FWD), 17/24 mpg (AWD)